As this year comes to a close, these sixteen things are worth remembering from 2016.
By: Sara Gaston, Staff Writer
- PokemonGo took over the world. (It took all of our data too)
- Beyonce released her album, Lemonade, that changed the world.
- Kanye West announced that he’s running in the 2020 presidential election, but we are more excited that Kim Kardashian might actually be FLOTUS.
- Leonardo DiCaprio won his first Oscar. Truly monumental.
- Simone Biles won five gold medals in the Rio Olympics, but more importantly she won our hearts.
- Cubs won the world series again finally, only 108 years of waiting.
- Selena Gomez officially became the most followed person on instagram, which isn’t surprising. (Who wouldn’t want to see pictures of her glamorous life?)
- Kim Kardashian exposed Taylor Swift, but honestly who couldn’t forget this?
- Michael Phelps decided that this was his last Olympics, retiring with a solid collection of 23 gold medals (Now we just have to wait for his son, Boomer Phelps, to uphold his father’s legacy).
- Bruno Mars and Beyonce killed it at the Super Bowl, oh and Coldplay made a slight appearance too.
- Justin Bieber deleted his instagram after a spat on one of his post with his ex, Selena Gomez (No matter what happens they are still somehow meant to be).
- Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner made their first appearance in the Victoria Secret Fashion show. Officially the best bff goals.
- A “That’s so Raven” spin-off has been announced! Nine years has been too long.
- One Direction officially went on a hiatus, thus making the directioners patiently wait.
- Drake and Rihanna dated finally! But then broke up. And now Drake might be seeing Taylor Swift. (Talk about a plot twist…)
- Trump won the election. Now that is one thing that can’t be forgotten.