The top 10 thoughts you have the week before Winter Break
By: Samantha Lett, Online Editor
- Are we watching a movie? Please let us be watching a movie.
Anything but Frozen though. Or Elf. Because you’ve already seen it in the other seven classes you have.
- Whoa, what? We have a project to do over break?
You’ve got to be kidding me.
- Can the school warm up a little now that it’s freezing outside?
Don’t worry, though, it’ll warm up in June!
- Wait, we’re actually doing work in class?
Even though we just finished a unit? I won’t remember the quadratic formula and all my holiday plans. It’s one or the other, and I think you know which one we’re all choosing here.
- Please let it snow. Or sleet. Or hail. Just ice the roads over just enough to get a two hour delay.
Admit it. You’ve done the old “put a spoon under your pillow” trick and you’ve worn your pajamas inside out and backwards. You’ve done all of the magic ways to make it snow in hopes of a little flurry. (And you’ll do it again before midterms, too.)
- What’s the best thing I can get for that Gift Exchange in class…
Whether it’s a White Elephant gift exchange and you want to get the most sought after thing from Dollar Tree or you’ve got a list of things to check twice that your secret Santa partner likes, you’ve definitely made a trip to the store or two this week.
- How many more days….
Whether it’s until break, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or another holiday, you’ve been counting it down. You can make a countdown clock here.
- Are we having a party?
If so, what do I bring? Don’t make the same mistake I did and bring the thing you didn’t sign up for… yikes.
- What should I binge-watch over break?
Bingeworthy by Hailey Carter (and the older versions by David Stanley) have you covered!
- And lastly, When is the winter edition of The Southerner coming out?
Don’t worry – It comes out December 16! Tomorrow! Just one more day until break begins and one more day until the newspaper is here.